The Vasa Trainer Leg Power Platform
Regular leg strength training with the Vasa Trainer Leg Power Platform builds explosive jumping power, improves vertical leap and develops lean lower body muscles with 2 primary “push” movements – the squat and the plyometric squat jump. Other exercise variations include single leg squats, lunges, calf raises, cardio pull, and butt blasters. It has a wide range of resistance options. These include pushing your body weight up the inclined monorail at one of 15 slope settings, adding 4 sizes of rubber tubing cords, and free weight plates added onto an optional bracket if desired. Athletes can also wear a weighted vest for an additional challenge.
Physical Therapists and conditioning coaches will find it great for closed chain or open chain exercises. Progressions are measurable and safe. It facilitates both concentric and eccentric loading of the muscles – allowing easy & safe acceleration / deceleration.
The Vasa Trainer is incredibly versatile and functional, offering great value and commercial grade quality at an affordable price. Even if only used as a jump trainer exercise machine to improve vertical leaping ability, the Vasa Trainer is a bargain compared to other machines.
Proper use of the Vasa Trainer will make you more productive while transforming you into a stronger, more efficient athlete. It will keep you fit while training at home or at your club for 1, 2 or 3 workouts per week… You’ll get a lot done in less time, especially if you do 6 or 8 of the other total body exercises possible on the Vasa Trainer! View 12 sample exercise here.
- Stable, rugged roto molded thermoplastic platform with non-slip surface
- Durable powder coated steel frame
- Designed and built for heavy use by teams, clinics, and clubs
- Built in handles and light weight makes it simple to install or remove for storage
- Platform measures 26″ wide x 24″ long (66cm x 61cm) – perfect for plyometrics, strength, and physical therapy rehab exercises.
NOTE: Instructions for choosing the correct Platform for your Vasa Trainer:
- If you bought or are now buying your Vasa Trainer after December 1, 2015, choose the “Current Model”. (Those Vasa Trainers are made with a built-in Platform Bracket)
- If you bought your Vasa Trainer between May 1999 thru November 2015, choose “Retro Kit”, which will include a new Rear Stanchion with built-in Platform Bracket to replace your older Rear Stanchion.
For more details, refer to the image (above). *If you have a Trainer built prior to May 1999, contact us to learn about your options.
IMPORTANT: The Leg Power Platform is NOT compatible with Vasa Ergometers.
Watch this video to review the various resistance options you have with the Leg Power Platform: