Vasa’s mission is to promote improved athletic performance, fitness and rehabilitation through quality training.
We strive to produce, sell & service premium quality innovative exercise products for the benefit of Vasa’s worldwide community, including our customers, employees, suppliers and friends.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Current job openings at Vasa, Inc:
Purchasing & Inventory Coordinator (part-time)
The Purchasing & Inventory Control Coordinator performs various duties associated with purchasing and management of inventory at Vasa. The Coordinator is responsible for identifying the parts & products that need to be purchased, confirms pricing and delivery with suppliers and updates the inventory database and control systems. The position collaborates with the Production team and reports to the President.
This is a part-time position (15 – 20 hours per week) with flexibility in workday hours.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Purchasing/ Inventory Control Coordinator’s primary duties include and not limited to:
- Work with Inventory & Production team members to determine purchasing needs and requirements for production, including weekly meetings;
- Work with management to identify the best suppliers for parts, determine availability, perform comparative pricing, negotiate parts pricing, confirm the quality of products received and establish delivery requirements & timelines with suppliers;
- Perform all purchasing functions, including issuing purchase orders (POs), parts delivery logistics, confirmation of parts received and process vendor invoices and verify with company bookkeeper;
- Communication with suppliers
- Maintain an online database of all products; maintains daily inventory update
- Manage and adjust product Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Identify and resolve issues related to pricing, delivery, utilization, loss
- Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts, and year-end reconciliation process; research any variances and authorize appropriate inventory adjustments
- Conduct records audit of inventory, make adjustments and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of findings to management
- Compile and submit monthly reports as requested
- Experience in purchasing and inventory control management
- Experience and proficient in inventory database management, analyzing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, trends, solutions
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Must be very detail-oriented
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing data, problem identification and resolution and ability to generate clear/concise reports indicating key issues to management/ department heads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least 3 years experience in a related position;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel;
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Access or similar a database is a plus
- Experience organizing the logistics for importing and exporting goods is a bonus
Desirable Experience & Characteristics:
- Customer Service
- Personal experience participating in competitive sports, especially swimming and/or triathlon, and enthusiastic about maintaining a fitness lifestyle.
- Friendly, likable, positive, persistent, diligent, and self-aware.
Salary & benefits
To commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply?
Please send a letter of introduction that includes the following items:
- Describe 2 projects related to your work in purchasing & inventory control and list the results;
- Describe your experience learning and using an inventory and purchasing software. Tell us what you liked and disliked about the experience and the software;
Send via Email to Rob Sleamaker, owner of Vasa, Inc.
Please, no calls or drop-ins.