Vasa’s mission is to promote improved athletic performance, fitness and rehabilitation through quality training.
We strive to produce, sell & service premium quality innovative exercise products for the benefit of Vasa’s worldwide community, including our customers, employees, suppliers and friends.
Do you want to be part of our team?
Current job openings at Vasa, Inc:
Posted April 2017
The marketing manager’s primary responsibilities are to grow the Vasa brand, increase sales and make our products “accessible, addictive and widespread”.
The marketing manager will develop a strategic plan to achieve the company’s goals for growth & sales. The marketing manager will lead & collaborate with a team of Vasa employees and sub-contractors to implement that strategic marketing plan. Results must be effectively measured & reported.
Primary results include:
- Develop a strategic marketing plan & budget to increase annual gross sales by 20%
- Grow organic traffic to our website & social media platforms
- Create data-driven systems to monitor the marketing plan performance
- Report results of all marketing & sales spending and efforts
- Lead the team to set & achieve goals
- Identify new sales & growth opportunities for existing Vasa products
- Research & identify the best marketing opportunities
- Demonstrate effective leadership to achieve positive results
The position requires proven success in direct & digital marketing, with a goal oriented, data-driven approach to planning and measurement of results.
The ideal candidate must be highly organized and possess an excellent ability to set priorities, communicate effectively and lead a team to “play the plan”. We are seeking someone really great, with the following characteristics and experience:
- A positive attitude with a “can do” work ethic and a friendly personality
- Respected leader
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uses an analytical approach to customer development, product adoption, & sales processes
- Proven ability to develop goal-oriented, measurable marketing programs
- Experienced at identifying the most effective marketing & sales tactics
- Skillful at leveraging analytics to make data-driven decisions that improve the company’s marketing & sales efforts
- Excellent project management & people skills, including the ability to lead a small team to success with priority projects
- Ability to create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog)
- Eager to be an evangelist of the company
- Establish clear expectations & accountability with subordinates & sub-contractors
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to achieve results
- Willing to “wear several hats” in order to implement the marketing plan
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Active Campaign (or similar e-mail marketing platform), Adobe Creative Suite
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in relevant field
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Personal experience participating in competitive sports, especially swimming and/or triathlon, and enthusiastic about maintaining a fitness lifestyle
- Friendly, likeable, positive, persistent, diligent, and self-aware
HOW TO APPLY?
Sending a letter of introduction that includes the following items:
• Highlight 2 projects that you worked on, or preferably led, that resulted in specific results;
• Provide a sample of your writing that is live on the web;
• Describe your experience with an e-commerce platform. Include what you liked and disliked.
Email your letter, along with your resume, professional references & salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Salary & benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please, no calls or drop-ins.